|
a. thoughts
teasing your brains
|
|
|
A.nna Thoughts
xx ABOUT A.
I enjoy writing, and I keep a travel blog. I don't enjoy being ordinary, I believe every soul shine in their own ways and I'm a strong believer that common sense is not that common, but if you feel otherwise, feel free to email me You can find me on Instagram & Twitter. Writer goes by the name Anna, or otherwise known as A. You'll love me. Contents provided are for informational purposes only. A. is here to tease your brain and will not be held liable for any brain damage obtained here. Leave ur thoughts
Archives
April 2015
|
Friday, April 24, 2015
Cheryl's Damn Birthday So it has been pointed out to myself that the whole world is now guessing Cheryl's birthday. Some made really nasty guesses by indicating now they do not want to befriends with Cheryl anymore. Before we proceed, I just had to. I had to rewrite the whole question because the original question was full of grammatical error, but none of the necessary information was changed. First, let's make it clear of certain points;
Let's get this going! Hopefully I don't get lost myself in the midst of explaining.
Let's stop at when Albert (who knows the month) said "I don’t know when Cheryl’s birthday is, but I know that Bernard does not know." Let's stop right there and give it a thought. Coming from Albert who knows the month, if he is certain that Bernard does not know the birthday, we will therefore have to eliminate June 18 & May 19. And since May 19 and June 18 is eliminated, May 15, May 16 and June 17 has to be eliminated or else Albert would have known in the first place.
Why? If Cheryl's birthdate falls on the 18th or the 19th, Bernard would have known because of all the 10 dates, 18 & 19 occurred once each. And if in the first place Albert knows Bernard does not know, he would have eliminated June 17 too because if it's June 17, Bernard would have know. Thus the elimination of May 15 and May 16 too.
Now, let's move on to Bernard (who knows the date) saying, "At first I do not know when Cheryl’s birthday is, but now I do." Of the remaining, let's rearrange them based on the dates, since that's what Bernard knows and we have to continue based on that.
For the remaining 5 dates after all the elimination, I've sorted them out based on dates. So intuitive with the colors *blush*
Back to the last two dialogue between Albert & Bernard..
Bernard: At first I do not know when Cheryl’s birthday is, but now I do.
Albert: Then I know when Cheryl’s birthday is too.
When Bernard (who knows the date) says, at first I do not know but now I do. We can conclude that the date is either 15, 16 or 17. Because if it's 14, we have July 14 and August 14 and that would have meant that Bernard still does not know.
Now back to Albert, who knows the month and said then I know when Cheryl’s birthday is too after Bernard's sentence eliminated all 14s, we can now conclude that Cheryl's fucking birthday is July 16. Because if it's in August, we have August 15 & 17 which then Albert would still be uncertain.
Labels: athoughts, birthday, cheryl, cheryl birthday, mathematics, solution, solve, teaser |
|
xx
© 2015 A. thoughts |
|